Apologies immediately to anyone who has clicked onto this blog in the hope of reading about the 1966 spaghetti western starring Clint Eastwood.
This isn’t really about gunslingers, ponchos or sultry Hollywood actors.
Is anyone still reading?
I chose The Good, The Bad and The Ugly as an attention-grabbing headline.
(Which is a good tip in itself.)
In fact, my point is about making an impact when you are writing, by accentuating
- The Good
- The Interesting
- and The Unusual.
How to find your differentiators
So, whether you are putting together a corporate brochure, funky website content, a press release or an important proposal, try to highlight what makes you and your company special:
– why customers love you (ask them!)
– awards you’ve won (this instils trust, ditto testimonials)
– the things you excel at (especially if they pay well)
– what sets you apart from competitors
– any fascinating backstory to make your ‘About Us’ page sparkle
– “wow” facts and figures to back up your case
– special USPs (the UK’s only …!)
– ‘hidden nuggets’ you take for granted but should be flaunting
– your final flourish, added extra or personal touch
Above all, point out how your customers or staff will benefit from the good, the interesting and the unusual that you offer. Copywriting is about you – but it’s more about them!
Give us a call if you’d like help finding your differentiators.