Like getting your money’s worth? You may recognise this as an advertising slogan from a rather famous fast food brand however the sentiment extends far beyond our burger-buying antics. From buy-one-get-one-free bargains to sales discounts and cash back, we are suckers for a good deal.
When you are investing in your business, you want the best deal possible, especially if it has an impact on the bottom line. Hiring a copywriter is no exception. It’s not always an easy decision to outsource copywriting so it helps when your copywriter can give you a return on your initial investment, not once but twice or maybe multiple times.
How a good copywriter can save you money
At Editing Edge we provide a holistic approach to creating copy. If we are asked to write copy for your business, part of our fact-finding mission is to ascertain where else you can use that copy. You might be able to repurpose your website copy in a brochure. Your brochure copy could be used on your Linkedin profile. A case study for your website could be turned into a white paper. Your blog could become a press release.
We think ahead to help you use your new content effectively across your business.
Here are 10 examples of where we’ve repurposed copy for our clients.
- Review hairdressing – we wrote one cracking award entry then reworked it to fit the criteria for a second award. Review went on to become finalists for both national British hairdressing awards.
- ChangeQuest – we have turned webinars into blogs and white papers for the ChangeQuest website.
- Cirios (seafood) – after creating website copy we distilled the messaging into just 30 words or so for a series of advertisements.
- Talkfreely – we turned award entries into case studies, and website copy into blogs.
- Dylan’s Ice Cream – we repurposed web copy for press releases with great success.
- Portsmouth International Port – we sourced stories and fascinating facts for a newsletter from press releases, travel news, special offers, festivals and tourist events at destinations served by the Port.
- Turning a blog in to a book – we took a series of Dr David Hillson’s blogs, notes and newsletter articles. We edited them, found common themes, looked for great stories and pulled everything together into a very saleable package.
- Asquith Nurseries – we took the thinking that went into creating a mission statement for the nursery group and used it as a poster.
- The Nutrition Coach – we worked with themes from client workshops and extensive background material on the Nutrition Coach website and packaged them as a clear, succinct brochure, perfect for a corporate audience.
- Sibtein Asaria LinkedIn – we are re-purposing blogs as Linkedin articles to get the maximum reach.